A Real Land Walker

Multiple different angle views of a mechaThe Japanese, well known in the field of robotics have done it again. This time, it is a gigantic humanoid robot weighing 1 ton, standing at 4 meters tall and capable of walking and turning. It is controlled by a pilot sitting in the cockpit and has weapons on its sides that fire sponge bullets. Click on picture for a larger view.

I have always been a fan of such robots, speaking of which remind me of the amazing feats achieved by the robots as featured in the following

  • Games: Battletech, Mech Warrior, Mech Commander, Heavy Gear
  • Anime: Macross, Gundam Seed, Full Metal Panic
  • Movies: Star Wars, Matrix Revolution

Hey, if you are a fan of any of the above, I am sure you will be fascinated by it too. Judging from this development, the transformation from science fiction to reality will be much sooner than what I anticipated.

Each of the robots is custom made and cost a hefty $315,000. If I have a bottomless supply of money, I would have bought one already! Don’t forget to check out the video of the robot exercising its muscles and weapons from the following link.

Link:
Image: YouTube
Tags: | | | | |

Comments